Cretan art and lifestyle: contemporary art – archeology – politics – tourism and economy
22 octobre – 9 novembre 2012, Strasbourg
e.city – Rethymno:
– Cosmographies. Exhibition
– Mediterranean Desert, by Giorges Koumendakis. Concert – performance
– Ancient Eleutherna. Archeological conference by Nikos Stambolidis
– Greece, our shared history… And our future?. Public debate
– Tourisme & Economy. Cretan life style
Strasbourg, the “crossroad” of Europe, the capital of Europe and home of the European parliament, has been hosting the e.city programme proposed by Apollonia since 2006. Each year we invite one European city to draw up a programme of events and present its own character through the most characteristic and dynamic aspects of its contemporary art, but not only…
The e.city programme for 2012 is dedicated to the city of Rethymno, Crete.
This project could be developed in collaboration with the Municipality of Rethymno, the Center of Contemporary Art of Crete and the Alsace-Crete Association, under the hospices of the City of Strasbourg and its Mayor Mr Roland Ries.