E.CITY – PRAGUE:
– IRON HEROES : FRANTISEK ZVARDON
– LOST : KAMILA B.RICHTER & MICHAEL BIELICKY
– THE ART OF URBAN INTERFERENCE : EPOS257, VLADIMÍR TURNER , MICHAL KINDERNAV, JAKUB NEPRAS, IGOR KOVAČEVIČ / YVETTA VAŠOURKOVÁ , ANEŽKA CIGLEROVÁ, ONDŘEJ BROM / MICHAL SLOBODA.
– REFLETS DE L’ÉTOILE : VLADIMIR SKODA
– MICHAEL BIELICK
– VLADIMÍR TURNER & EPOS 257
– LAURENT REYNÈS
– YVES DE WILLIENCOURT, CLÉMENT DAZIN & THOMAS HOELTZEL, MINH-TÂM NGUYEN & FRANÇOIS PAPIERER
In the mid-1990s, during a mission given to us by the Council of Europe, to seek out artists in Prague and other central European cities, we noted that among the concerns of the contemporary artists was the social phenomenon of ferocious opposition between the private and the public sectors.
Over 20 years later, during our explorations to prepare the e.city – Prague project, we have made the same observation, only this time in reverse: now, it appears that it is the private sector that is heavily infringing on the public sector at the expense of individual freedoms.
A series of exhibitions, residencies, workshops, performances, debates and several other activities have been set up to enable a number of creative artists to intervene and become involved in the urban life of Strasbourg. The intergenerational choice of artists was extended to other fields by bringing in architects, graphic designers, town-planners, visual artists… All of whom converge toward the same goal and the same concern: the changes and evolutions of urban and citizen life within the City.
During e.city – Prague, we were driven by the desire to innovate and to consider the audience more effectively. It led us to experiment new approaches and educational methods, and also to develop professional integration programmes for young people. This catalogue sets out an overview, among many others, of contemporary creativity in Prague and provides a basis for rethinking the tremendous potentialities for inventing new types of urban development affecting the life of citizens.
Director of Apollonia